Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Good Day


Yesterday was an eventful day for me. I drove to Dallas to attend the annual pre-Lenten retreat. The speaker this year was Elder Zacharias, the disciple of Elder Sophrony, and by extension, St. Silouan the Athonite. He is with the Monastery of St. John the Baptist in Essex, England, and the author of "The Enlargement of the Heart," and the "Hidden Man of the Heart." The best part of the presentation was his answering of questions that were submitted. I listened carefully and took notes. And there is no way, on my part, to do justice to the wisdom he imparted. I have much to ponder.


I also was blessed to attend the baptism of young James in Fort Worth, whose parents are now parishioners at our mission. Along the way, I had the rare treat to visit, face to face, with several blogging friends: Eric (Jacob), David Bryan and Andrea Elizabeth. I wish I could have spent longer with them, but it was a hurried trip, and I am thankful for the time I had.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

What a wonderful visit with Blogging friends (who I enjoy!) and the speaker sounds very good.