Monday, September 04, 2006

A Belated Plug

I want to take opportunity to put in a good word for good man--Steven Robinson. As most visitors here already know, he is the co-host of "Our Life in Christ." His audio archives are an incredible resource--whether you are just inquiring into Orthodoxy, have already become so and need help with Protestant friends and family, or are a lifelong Orthodox looking to deepen your faith. If you don't already have it bookmarked, do so NOW.

Steve is devoted to pastoral work and is to be commended for his recent article in the Spring 2006 issue of AGAIN magazine: "I Am Not My Sin: An Orthodox Pastoral Approach to Same-Sex Attraction." Unfortunately, this article is not online. You can subscribe to the magazine (and purchase back issues, I suppose) on the Conciliar Press website.

Finally, Steve is a man with a wicked, wicked sense of humor. If you don't believe me, check out "poor little Billy's" plight on his blog.

Thanks, Steve, for everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
Dang it, I check your blog, now I have to go to confession! LOL!
Thank you for your kindness. I think I will actually post the article you reference on my blog. I've gotten gracious response to it from "straight" and SSA folks. The bottom line is, it transcends the issue and gives us a framework for becoming human in an Orthodox perspective regardless of our besetting sin. Except for maybe having a wicked sense of humor.... :) 40x

Terry (John) said...

s-p,

Yeah, I've been meaning to post this ever since your article was published. I hope you do post it to your blog. I have been having a good-natured "discussion" with some folks on an Epicopalian blog with reference to this issue, and wish I could have linked your article.

You mean sarcasm is not one of the virtues????? :)

Rhology said...

John,

We discussed briefly over at DavidBryan's blog Oh Taste. You asked me about books on Protestant salvation and such, and then provided a tiny bit of personal history. I would like to ask you some questions in a non-debate fashion (which is weird for me, but there you go). Would you be amenable to that?
Mind emailing me? rhology at gmail dot com

-ALAN

Steve Robinson said...

OK... done. http://pithlessthoughts.blogspot.com/